Sunday, May 29, 2011

What Normal Is

Last week, I caught up with a friend on Face Book. That in itself is not too out of the ordinary, and would not be top of the page news, since I do check for messages and updates there, usually more than once a day. It was what he said that seems to have stirred up something in the spirit.

This friend and his wife are dear, long-time friends who are leaving next week to return to the mission field in Brazil. In what I had thought to be a "random" thought process (I know, I know), I had been wondering about their finances. When I saw that he had his messenger on, I inquired about their finances and how the whole thing worked since they are part of a larger, sending organization. He assured me that 100% of the money received with their name on it goes into their personal account to keep them in the field. He invited me to send as much as I wanted to at anytime. (sic.) We have already been sending monthly support for their work, but I told him to let us know if they ever needed any extra. He said getting there is the most expensive part of the proposition and anything extra we could send would definitely be an answer to prayer. We have no problem being agents in answered prayer. I remarked that sometimes God has us run across each other, in what seem to be random instances, with larger plans in mind, than we even conceive. I am not sure what difference our gift will truly make in the overall scheme of things, but that is not the point. In fact the right time, right place scenario of our meeting on Face Book is not even the point.

The point really is what my friend said to me after I mentioned God had ordained our meeting. He said, "That is the way the ministry of the prophet works." I told him not to do that to me. I have no desire to be a prophet, at least not by office. Maybe I could prophesy here and there under the anointing of the Holy Spirit. He went on to say that he has lived with a prophetess for over 40+ years, and he has. If you are not sure how I really feel about the implication I might be a prophet, go back on read, "Present Day, 5/25/09." My friend is a man of superlative, spiritual insight. I am not so sure about the other man who accused me. When he recognized himself while reading these pages, he objected to the choice of the word "accused." I assured him it was for rhetorical affect. Some people only hear what they want to hear and usually understand less than that.

The reason the time-stamp on this post is not something like 4:45 AM is that the power was out at that time and, of course, blogger does not work without an internet connection. I detest waking up at that time on Sunday morning. However, at least this time it was of benefit--I think. I was about half conscious when a picture appeared in my mind. I saw the hand of Jesus extended downward toward my hand which was open, palm up. It was a still picture, a snapshot. He had just placed a small seed (mustard seed?) on the palm of my hand. Although the picture was a snapshot, there was unspoken dialogue going on between us. He wanted to know if I were going to take His gift. I froze. I was sure I would take His gift, but I did not know what it was or what I was supposed to do with it. I hesitated to take something that I would not, could not use, but was also quite sure that He would not have given it to me without a purpose in mind. As the picture vanished, I had begun to close my hand around the seed.

I do apologize for keeping you in suspense, but I cannot tell you what that seed is at this time. When I can I will. I do mean "can." I do not know what the seed is, only that Jesus has given it to me. Many of you do not know this, but God has been multiplying my financial seed in tremendous ways lately. (I hesitate to use "miraculous" in this case, but some might see it as such. Is 60% in one week miraculous or just tremendous?) God gave me that seed and is multiplying it. Now I have another seed. As soon as I know what it is and what to do with it, I will let you know. In fact, depending on who you are and where you are you may be the first one to know. If that is the case, tell me so I can be the second, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment