Sunday, April 7, 2013

Same Blog, Different Post

It seemed like a long time since I had written in this space. That was confirmed when I logged in and saw the previous post was written over two months ago. The interesting thing about that is there has not been much complaint from people who have read this blog in the past. I may be over-analyzing things, but that would lead me to believe either, no one is reading it anymore, or the readers are simply not being vocal about my recent lack of writing anything in this space. I believe I will go with the latter concept and feel better about myself.

Lately I have not been feeling so good about myself. I started a new, part-time job, working with people who have run afoul of the law for driving under the influence of one intoxicating substance or another, usually alcohol. That has solved any financial stress, but I am once again into a situation in which people are forced to come see me. I always prefer it when people want to see me. Maybe I am simply hoping for too much.

In any event, it is sometime shortly after 5:00 AM on a Sunday morning, when most, sane people should be asleep and I am watching words appear on my computer screen in hopes that I can later publish them for someone who cares. I know it's a God thing because even I do not do this, at this time, by choice. I do not even do this blog by choice. Not really. If I did, I probably would have taken it down a couple years ago when it became a point of contention between the elders in the church I was attending and me. My only guess there is that it was time for me to leave that church and they figured it out before I did. I still do not understand it, but, if you are reading this, you likely think this blog is more important than what men might say about it. I will only partially, grudgingly agree. There was a time when I thought I might have written the last post. It crossed my mind at the time that the blog might morph into something more of a teaching kind of thing than a lonely voice in the wilderness, as it were. It now begins to look as though that is not the case.

All that is to say, I have been a little distracted with some of the affairs of life that I thought might have been sorted out by now. There are still some that seem to be unresolved, but perhaps this post serves to get things going in the right direction again. I noticed at log in that there have been 5900 odd page views over the whole time this blog has existed. I know most of them are not mine so thank you if you continue to read what is posted here. I now expect to be writing a little more often, whatever that means. Then next post should have more substantive content, but we shall see about that. In the meantime, pray for me if I come to mind. God bless!


2 comments:

  1. Do you mind if I quote a few оf your аrtіcles as long аs ӏ ргоvide сredit and sources back to
    yоur webpаge? Ϻy blοg is in the veгy same аrea
    оf intеrest аs yours and my usеrs would reallу benefit
    fгom some οf the infοrmation you ρreѕent heгe.
    Plеаѕe let me know if thіѕ
    οkay wіth уоu. Ϻany thanks!


    Herе is my web site ... unibirlikleri.leadhoster.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your style is so unique сomρareԁ to other folκs Ι've read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I'll just
    bоoκ mаrκ this blοg.


    Here is my ωebsіte: zahnzusatzversicherung vergleich

    ReplyDelete